Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Best Deal on Swim Lessons Ever!!

The Teacher

The Student

This summer, my five year old son has taken it upon himself to teach his three year old sister to swim.  

Storytellin' Boy says, "It's time for your swim lesson." 

Brown-eyed Gal has actually gone from wearing floaties, or a life jacket to swimming completely free like a little fish all over the pool.


First, he taught her to swim from one step to the next step, then he taught her to swim across the length of the pool.  He swims right next to her and gives her pointers. He always stays by her side.

He taught her to jump off the rocks holding hands and swim to the side.

One day recently my daughter said to me, "I'm late for my swim lesson." My son said, "Yeah Mom, can we go swimming? I still have to teach her diving..."


5 comments:

Elle said...

great great post
I love this moment
maybe he will go into teaching

Megan Cobb said...

That sounds perfect. I'll send Bean out next summer, okay? She would eat him up!

Karen Coutu said...

That is so awesome! What a great big brother.

For the past two summers, we've been trying to get it together to teach Jake how to swim, but it just never worked out. Plus the first couple of times he went in the pool, he was pretty scared and wouldn't let go of us.

Karen Coutu said...

Oh, I forgot to say to come by and enter in my very first blog giveaway!

Anonymous said...

love the bulge in his shorts wish I could suck him