Friday, May 9, 2008

Spring in the Sonoran Desert II


Rattlesnake on road
Photographer in danger
Camera strikes first



Sonoran Desert
Waterless, barren, and brown
But now Spring is here



The desert continues to be teaming with wildlife and cactus blooms.  These photos my husband took in Saguaro National Park East last week.  Visit him at William Cockrell Photography. 


To celebrate Spring's continued brilliance I'm posting for Haiku Friday.  Check out all the fabulous poems hosted by Playgroups Are No Place For Children and A Mommy Story. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What my cats do to rattlesnakes who won't pose for the camera.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Haiku Friday. It's a fun group. I'm impressed with the pictures to go with you 'ku, but EEk. I've always run AWAY from rattlers!