I love the feel of a warm cup in cold hands.
2. A new pair of slippers as I tromp around our tile.
3. Any kind of food involving pumpkins...
pie, cheesecake, soup, roasted pumpkin seeds.
4. The kids in footed pajamas.
5. Colorful leaves.
6. A new novel that's never been cracked
especially if I can read it in my favorite chair
after the kid's have gone to bed
7. Hot bubble baths.
8. Dinners and get together's with family and friends.
9. Sharing with the kids about things we are thankful for
and all of our blessings.
10. Inside activities- Monopoly, movie nights, and stories
11. Outside activities- Hiking at some of our favorite places...
Sabino Canyon, Mt. Lemmon, Madera Canyon.
12. Holiday Shopping.
13. Getting up in the morning when
it's still dark and watching the sun come up
before anyone else wakes up!
Well, October's had hectic days... economic turmoil, political tension, busy kid schedules and Halloween. My wish in this time of historical change is for a peaceful November.
This quote sums up for me the right attitude towards thankfulness...
You say grace before meals. All right. But I say grace before the concert and the opera, and grace before the play and pantomime, and grace before I open a book, and grace before sketching, painting, swimming, fencing, boxing, walking, playing, dancing, and grace before I dip the pen in the ink. -G.K. Chesterton
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants